The history of Moretti begins in April 1946. This was when Placido Moretti, the founder of the company, built his first electric bakery oven in the garage of his home in Pesaro. It was shortly after this that the first company, the historic firm "Brevetti Moretti", was born.
Twenty years later, in 1965, Placido's son Marco and his son in law founded a new company in Marotta (PU), guided by an industrial philosophy that was targeted more towards industrialisation of the product: "Moretti Forni snc" was taking its first steps. Just a few years later Moretti was already a well-known and respected name on many European markets, being the first company to offer electric pizza ovens.
In the meantime, a second division of the company was set up to produce ceramic kilns.
Over the following years, Moretti became a European leader in the production of professional pizza and bakery ovens, thanks to the innovation of its modular oven.
At the start of the Nineties Moretti Forni became a limited liability company (Spa), and the third generation of the family entered the business: a "just in time" manufacturing philosophy began to be introduced, and at the same time important commercial partnerships were formed with the best distributors in the sector.
In the mid-Nineties, the third division of the company was formed to produce glass-melting furnaces.
From 2000 onwards, with the birth of the brand name Grain, Moretti began to offer itself as a supplier of integrated solutions for professional catering, expanding its range of products to include appliances that complement its ovens.
Since 2005 the company has moved to the new headquarters which, with a covered area of over 10,000 m2, provides a space more suited to the new company objectives.
Today, more than 60 years on, Moretti Forni is still managed by Placido's heirs, and that first, home-made oven built in 1946, after being recovered and restored, is now on display in the entrance in memory of the company's founder.